At the Bates Mill Store your privacy is a priority. We recognize and respect your privacy. We have procedures intended to ensure that your personal information is handled in a safe, secure, and responsible manner.
You will receive promotional E-mail communications only if you have asked to receive such material.
If you would like any further information, of if you have any questions regarding our privacy notice:
- Please write to us at Bates Mill Store, PO Box 149, Monmouth, Maine, 04259
- Call us at 1-800-552-2837
- Or E-mail Us
Secure Online Shopping
How do I know my personal and credit card information is secure?
You can feel safe shopping on our website. We use industry standard Secure Socket Layer software (SSL) via Shopify to encrypt your personal and credit card information during the order checkout process. SSL technology is the industry standard for secure online transactions. Making a credit card purchase online with us is just as safe as making a credit card purchase over the telephone.
What if I do not want to use my credit card on the Internet?
No problem. Just call 1-800-552-2837 and our Customer Service representatives will gladly take your order over the phone. Our hours are 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM Monday through Thursday (EST), and 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM (EST) on Fridays.
Information Collection, Use, and Sharing:
At Bates Mill Store, we have a huge respect for your privacy. Third parties (such as AdRoll) may place cookies on your browser for targeted advertising, analytical and/or measurement purposes. Information collected may include IP addresses, cookie identifiers, website activity and non-tracking technologies.
Collection of Data:
Our site uses technologies of third-party to help us recognize your device and understand how you use our site(s) so that we can improve our services to reflect your interests and serve you advertisements about the [products and/or services] that are likely to be of more interest to you. Specifically, these partners collect information about your activity on our site(s) to enable us to:
- measure and analyze traffic and browsing activity on our site(s);
- show advertisements for our products and/or services to you on third-party sites;
- measure and analyze the performance of our advertising campaigns;
Our partners [such as NextRoll] may use non-cookie technologies that may not be impacted by browser settings that block cookies. Your browser may not permit you to block such technologies. For this reason, you can opt out here to decline the collection and use of information for the purpose of serving you interest based advertising.
Here are other ways in which to control your data:
- Web Browser: You can opt-out of receiving interest-based ads served by us or on our behalf by clicking on the blue icon that typically appears in the corner of the ads we serve and following the instructions provided.
- Cross Device Opt- Out: In some cases, we may link multiple browsers or devices to you. If you opt-out on a browser or device and we have additional devices or browsers linked to you, we will extend your opt-out decision to any other linked browsers and devices. Since we only link users across browsers and devices in certain conditions, there may be cases where you are still being tracked in a different browser or device we have not linked, and where we are treating you as a different user.
- Mobile Device Opt-Out:To opt-out of receiving interest-based ads that are based on your behavior across different mobile applications, please follow instructions for iOS and Android devices:
- iOS 7 or Higher: Go to your Settings > Select Privacy > Select Advertising > Enable the “Limit Ad Tracking” setting
- For Android devices with OS 2.2 or higher and Google Play Services version 4.0 or higher: Open your Google Settings app > Select Ads > Enable “Opt out of interest-based advertising”.
For California residents, please visit CCPA Opt Out and/or refer to California Residents section of NextRoll’s Service Privacy Notice. For more information about this disclosure, please see this article.
For European residents, Bates Mill Store uses NextRoll services to provide Retargeting and/or Prospecting ads to current and potential customers. Any personal data collected may be shared with NextRoll to facilitate these services.