How to Care for Bates Bedspreads & Blankets
Whether you just bought your Bates bedspread or blanket brand new yesterday or your family has had it for generations, these instructions and tips will guide you through the care of your favorite Bates products. Still have more questions? Feel free to contact us.
Machine Wash and Dry
- Use a large load setting to allow the blanket or bedspread to move freely during washing.
- Wash in warm water using delicate cycle.
- Avoid harsh laundry detergents. Use a mild, even pre-diluted liquid detergent.
- Do not use bleach or other brighteners.
- Use the smallest amount of detergent listed on package for best results (Using large quantities of detergent can form a coating on the blanket or bedspread over time).
- Tumble dry with warm (not hot) temperatures.
Do not bleach or dry clean products. The chemicals can damage and yellow cotton fibers over time.
- Remove the stain as soon as possible.
- Heat sets stains, making them harder to remove. Avoid running your blanket through the dryer until the stain has been removed.
- Pour small amount of bleach alternative (we recommend Tide plus bleach alternative) over the affected area.
- Rinse with cold water while rubbing.
- Repeat if needed.
- Launder normally (see above).
- Wash and completely dry bedspreads or blankets before storing. Never store wet or damp bedspreads or blankets.
- Invest in a breathable, cotton bedding bag to protect your bedspread or blanket from dust and trapped moisture.
- If desired, place a small sachet containing a natural, dried incense such as lavender or cinnamon between the folds to ensure your bedspread or blanket smells fresh upon reuse. Avoid man-made incense.